Moneylife » NGO told to shut shelters over UID
NGO told to shut shelters over UID
Indo Global Social Service Society had been enrolling homeless people at its shelters for the Unique Identification number, on its address. The NGO sought clarity on the liability if any person thus enrolled got into some legal mess. It also took up the case in which a volunteer was questioned by the police following the death of a resident, on the basis of a survey slip found on the deceased. In a curt reply, the Delhi government said that the work would be undertaken by ‘Mission Convergence’, the mother NGO. Indo Global has since been told to close its shelters.
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
TAX Torture +3435 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- Pune voter list file inspection shows deletion is done fraudulently!
- Reliance Sues authors of “Gas Wars – Crony Capitalism and the Ambanis”
- Sahara Group's public apology for aggressive advertisements against SEBI
- Reliance Life terminates AB Capital, lodges criminal complaints after Moneylife expose
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for mobile internet
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls