Is Religare Finvest’s NCD worth investing in?
Rising bad loans and negative cash flows of the past three years do not inspire confidence
Religare Finvest, a subsidiary of Religare Enterprises with its focus on SME financing and retail capital market financing, is looking at raising a corpus of Rs500 crore through an issue of non-convertible debentures. The NCD issue offers debentures of five types, termed as series I to series V and the tenure and coupon rate vary across categories in the following sequence:
Is it worth investing in this issue? The issue enjoys a rating of AA- from CARE and ICRA, similar to what the NCD issue of India Infoline holds, with an interest rate of 12.75%. Higher interest rate is attractive but remember higher the interest rate, the higher is the risk.
More in Moneylife
What Really Happened at United Bank of India? +8117 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- AAP’s Glare is directed at select businessmen
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- The UBI Saga Exposes Many Warts
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- Scam-tainted officers gunning for Dr Ashok Khemka?
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls