Fallout of Sahara’s Defiance
Cocking a snook at multiple layers of regulation and oversight, dubious schemes from Sahara to MPG Greenery are thriving
At the time of writing this column, the Sahara Pariwar continues with its non-stop attempts to deny payment liabilities and avoid providing identity proof of the lakhs of people who have allegedly subscribed to a variety of its financial instruments.
Last fortnight, I wrote that Sahara, confident of its broad-spectrum political backing, is the rare organisation with the temerity to issue massive, ungrammatical and jingoistic advertisements in the media, on the eve of important Supreme Court (SC) hearings. I ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield +4470 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- 11 Stocks with High Dividend Yield
- Traffic can be stopped only for President, Vice President and Prime Minister
- “Entrepreneurs should always have a clear vision,” says Meenal Arora
- Sensex, Nifty in a highly bullish mode: Weekly market report
- Does the election expenses limit have any meaning?
- Bitcoin exchange First Meta's CEO found dead in Singapore
- Citrus Check Inns mis-selling holiday package as investment plan?
- Need for immediate crack down on high flying wilful defaulters –Part I
- Sensex, Nifty in a massive rally: Friday closing report
- Sensex, Nifty close at all time high on shrinking CAD: Thursday closing report
- What Really Happened at United Bank of India?
- Is SEBI aware of huge mutual fund upfront commissions?
- QNet: Bombay HC rejects Transview plea to defreeze bank accounts
- QNet fallout? Pushpam Appalanaidu, MD of QuestNet India, arrested
- A Thin Dividing Line: An eye-opener on Indian losses due to tax treaties
- “Ambani ki dukaan Includes Congress-BJP-Media” — Kejriwal
- United Bank’s bulging NPAs: What went wrong?
- How RTI activist exposed Pune Div Commissioner Prabhakar Deshmukh’s land scam
- Who is 'pepper spray' Rajagopal?
- Crazy about “corporate governance norms”, SEBI is blind about Geodesic
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls