Corporate governance: No fancy food or gifts during AGMs
Ministry of corporate affairs feels that freebies divert attention
If you are a shareholder, and look forward to annual general meetings (AGMs) for the goodies and the food, the good days may soon come to an end. The ministry of corporate affairs has posted a circular on its website, asking for feedback on a proposed ban on distribution of gifts at AGMs of companies.
After receiving representations, the government has realised that gifts are often used to divert the attention of shareholders from the main purpose of the AGM. In addition to that, “shareholders are kept busy ...
To continue reading this article, you must be a Premium subscriber...
More in Moneylife
TAX Torture +3435 views
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
Moneylife Foundation launches Legal Helpline and Resource Centre
- Pune voter list file inspection shows deletion is done fraudulently!
- Reliance Sues authors of “Gas Wars – Crony Capitalism and the Ambanis”
- Sahara Group's public apology for aggressive advertisements against SEBI
- Reliance Life terminates AB Capital, lodges criminal complaints after Moneylife expose
- TRAI to fix minimum download speed for mobile internet
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls