Uploading all FIRs, except a few, would curb illegal gratification being paid by the accused to obtain a copy of the report and soon denial of FIR would be a thing of the past in Maharashtra
The conventional wisdom is that commodity prices go down when the dollar rises. But the recent weakness in commodities is not just due to a higher dollar, says Credit Suisse. Weak economic data coupled with slack in demand are the major reasons
A third sexual harassment case against Phaneesh Murthy’s should wake up the corporate sector to insurance for Directors and Officers that also covers liability due to financial misstatements, sexual harassment and vulnerability to stakeholder claims, but Indians companies seem to be slow in getting such protection
More than five crore traders in the unorganized sector are providing livelihood to more than 22 crore people, according to a traders’ lobby. Fed up with “anti-trader” policies they want to assert themselves politically
Would you believe that Maharashtra loses over Rs25,000 crore annually because of carelessness or corruption, and this has not been exposed so far?
The uproar over the IRS scandal last week reinforces the point that much of the heat is just the latest expression of Washington cynicism and its consequences -- that the talk show hosts and their fellow travellers, and the representatives and senators and officials in the executive branch, aren't really looking for answers here. They're just putting on a show
By 2017, the demand for coal will reach a staggering 980 million tonnes whereas the supplies are expected to touch not more than 795 MT. There is, therefore, the urgent need to handle the issue in a war footing rather than admitting that there are delays due to factors of our own making—such as state government, ministerial and environmental clearances and so on
The applicant was seeking to know why the DEC did not recommend UGC for a CBI enquiry against Allahabad Agricultural Institute-Deemed University (AAIDU). The CIC noted this as an important issue, but said it can only ensure delivery of information and cannot order an enquiry. This is the 97th in a series of important judgements given by former Central Information Commissioner Shailesh Gandhi that can be used or quoted in an RTI application
The sun teaches two important lessons: it does not make any difference and shines on everyone, rich or poor showing us the universality of existence. The more important lesson that the sun teaches us is humility, the kingpin for good health and happiness. The sun has been burning for so long without exhausting his fuel!
“The greatest drawback while dealing with regulators is their unwillingness to be assertive,” says Virendra Jain
Feed from BusinessWire
Equitymaster Investor Survey 2013: Investors Snub Gold; Prefer Stocks, Real Estate Most Blame Themselves for Poor Returns
Source: Endeavour Software Technologies (Business Wire India) On: 22nd May, 18:21
Siemens Scores Top Spot in Analyst’s PLM Software Ranking for 12th Straight Year
Source: Siemens PLM (Business Wire India) On: 22nd May, 18:09
Steelwedge Launches Next-Generation S&OP Technology Platform with New Mobile, Analytics and Big Data Capabilities
Source: Steelwedge (Business Wire India) On: 22nd May, 18:01
Covidien Announces Clinical Trial Data Showing Endoscopic Ablation Therapy Eliminates Precancerous Esophageal Tissue and Significantly Reduces Disease Progression
Source: Business Wire (Business Wire India) On: 22nd May, 17:11
Rediff.Com Reports Fiscal 2013 Fourth Quarter and Year-end Results
Source: Rediff.com (India) Ltd. (Business Wire India) On: 22nd May, 16:18
BioAsia - The Ultimate 3-Day Knowledge Exchange and Networking Platform for Business Leaders of Lifesciences
Source: BioAsia (Business Wire India) On: 22nd May, 15:20
Feed from PR Newswire
FxPro Unveils a Ground-Breaking Strategy Building Tool
Source: FxPro On: 22nd May, 10:59 AM
Gartner Names Capillary Technologies a 'Cool Vendor'
Source: Capillary Technologies On: 22nd May, 09:00 AM
New Research From Acision Reveals 79% of US Consumers are Now Using Multi-Service Messaging but There is a Unique Opportunity for Carriers to Offer Richer Services
Source: Acision UK Ltd On: 22nd May, 04:01 AM
UBM India's Giving Back - NGO India 2013 Conference Focuses on Building Fruitful NGO-Government-Corporate Partnerships
Source: UBM India On: 22nd May, 04:00 AM
First Ever ILS in India a Huge Success
Source: UBM India Pvt. Ltd. On: 22nd May, 03:59 AM
Typeface and Technology Leader, Monotype, Expands Into India and Establishes Global Innovation Hub in the Country
Source: Monotype Solutions India Pvt. Ltd On: 22nd May, 03:18 AM
- Phaneesh Murthy: Let off by Infosys, sacked by iGate over sexual harassment charges
- Is the interest in Gold ETFs waning?
- OMCs to stop LPG deliveries to houses with multiple-connections from 1st June
- BSE to shift 29 scrips to T group category for failure to comply with demat norms
- Sun TV Networks announces 11% jump in its net profit
- S&P cautions India of rating downgrade; retains negative outlook
- COMPAT orders cement cos to pay 10% of the Rs6,307 crore penalty
- ITC net profit up 19.4%, aided by non-cigarette and agri-business segments
- Vikram Pandit to buy stake in JM Financial, to head its proposed banking arm
- MMM India, another MLM taking people for “double-your-money” ride
- RBI tells HDFC Bank not to make up its own KYC verification rules
- Why I-T returns of Pawar, Jindal and Gandhi are exempted from RTI?
- The draconian LBT: Local Body Tax explained
- How much longer can the FM, RBI ignore HSBC in India?
- Aadhaar: Private ownership of UID data- Part I
- Aadhaar: Who owns the UID database? –Part II
- Did HSBC Bank resort to toxic churning and illegitimate transactions to earn commissions?
- PNB Metlife refunds Rs25,000 to the correct policyholder: another Moneylife victory
- The draconian LBT: Local Body Tax explained
- Goa’s Advocate General is the highest paid across the country, reveals RTI
- Mass mis-selling: 59,000 investors in Kolhapur are alleged to have lost money in LIC ULIPs
- Do FIIs buy high and sell low – I? Maximum buying at peak index levels
- Investors lost Rs1 lakh crore due to poor regulation. Will there be a CBI probe?
- Directors of public sector banks: The ground reality
- Do FIIs buy high and sell low–II? Momentum-chasing
- Do FIIs buy high and sell low–III? Panic-selling during declines
- Has Rakesh Maria tried to salvage his image through Ram Gopal Varma’s film on the 26/11 attack?
What's your say?
What you said
Thanks for casting your votes! View Previous Polls
Join 22, 000 Others
- Daily & Weekly newsletters
- Access to www.moneylife.in to comment, create alerts
- Your own profile in Moneylife.in
- All special mailers
- Basic membership to MSSN, our new initiative
- Free ebooks
- Invitation to events
- Invitation to round-table meets
- Access to Insurance helpline
- Access to counselling sessions
- Access to Reading room in Mumbai